GRASS ROOTS LOCAL ORGANIZATIONS ARE MORE TRANSPARENT AND VISIBLE. SEE THERE EFFORTS IMMEDIATELY WITHIN YOUR COMMUNITY.
PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL CHARITIES
It is good for everyone to know that the Federal Government of the United States of America has hundreds of programs in place to help those in need. Working with the 50 States and Puerto Rico. The Federal Government works with State Governments to insure everyone in this country is taking care of if they are not able to take care of themselves. Rules are established to insure all proceeds given out are documented and that no corruption or abuse occurs.
Along with the programs established by government many non-profit organizations have been created that qualify for more Federal, State & Local programs but are also supported by Private Organizations and private donors to further provide support to those in need.
Top 25 Most Successful Non-Profit Organizations in the World
- United Way: United Way is a worldwide organization dedicated to helping people achieve their human potential through education, income stability and health.
- Salvation Army: When we think of the Salvation Army, most of us think of the red collection kettles that we see outside nearly every store during the holiday season. The Salvation Army helps provide the necessities of life to people all over the world, including food and clothing.
- Feed the Children: Feed the Children delivers food, medicine and clothing to needy children throughout the world.
- Gifts in Kind: Gifts in Kind is one of the most unique charities in the world. They work with companies who donate their products, rather than cash donations, so that the products can be used where they are most needed.
- Americares: Americares delivers medicine, medical supplies and aid wherever there is a crisis. They are always out in front when natural disasters like earthquakes, floods and storms that devastate areas around the world.
- YMCA: The YMCA is a large US organization that has a presence in all major cities in the US, and in many small towns, too. The Y works to strengthen the community through education and programs designed to help people grow and thrive.
- The Red Cross: The Red Cross is the most significant disaster relief organization in the United States. They respond to disasters worldwide.
- Catholic Charities USA: The primary focus of Catholic Charities is reducing poverty.
- Feeding America: Formerly known as America’s Second Harvest, Feeding America is dedicated to ending hunger in the US.
- Mayo Foundation: The Mayo Foundation is the country’s largest non-profit dedicated to medical research.
- The Cleveland Clinic Foundation: The Cleveland Clinic Foundation is a non profit academic medical center, specializing in medical research.
- Goodwill Industries: Goodwill Industries is dedicated to helping people earn a living who might otherwise have difficulty doing so.
- New York Presbyterian Hospital: New York Presbyterian is one of the country’s most respected medical organizations. It’s also a highly successful non-profit agency.
- The ARC of the United States: ARC is devoted to helping people with developmental disabilities.
- Mt. Sinai: Mt. Sinai is another highly successful hospital that is non-profit.
- Memorial Sloan Kettering: One of the world’s foremost cancer treatment centers, Sloan Kettering is non-profit.
- Cedars Sinai: Cedars Sinai, one of the most well known hospitals in California, is non-profit.
- Henry Ford Health System: Henry Ford Health System, operates hospitals and health systems all across Michigan.
- Boys and Girls Clubs of America: Boys and Girls Clubs are some of the most successful organizations working with at risk youth in the US.
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia: CHOP is one of the most successful children’s hospitals in the US.
- Shriner’s Hospital for Children: Shriner’s Hospital provides specialty pediatric care and research.
- American Cancer Society: The American Cancer Society is one of the most widely recognized non-profit organizations in the US. They lead the charge in cancer research and education programs.
- Habitat for Humanity: Habitat for Humanity builds homes for those who might not otherwise be able to afford them, and helps the families with low or no interest mortgages.
- Children’s Hospital: Children’s Hospital in Boston is one of the foremost hospitals and research organizations for pediatric illnesses.
- Planned Parenthood: Planned Parenthood is the leading organization for education about sexual decisions and sexual health.
It’s likely that you recognize most of the names on this list. These are organizations that do good in the global & local community. Do not hesitate to support them too.